Adam's Beanstalk

A daily adventure-bag of insights and old bones from an unknown poet in Manitoba's south. Caveat: Not everything is to be taken literally. Things are often shaded with poetic crayons; be the owl. Also, not all these bones are collected from different fields. Find themes that run througout each post and the journal as a whole; the most insignificant event may be part of an ear.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

P is for Puppy

Let me start this post by saying that I saw Dancing Gabe running along the sidewalk again.

There, now that we have got that out of the way, I want to tell you about a little puppy.

So, we are standing around the kitchen in Riverside, and Chase looks out the window and says, "Who's dog IS that?".

This is a strange thing to say out of nowhere, especially to people who are not looking out of the window.

But, look! There IS a dog outside the window. It is of a medium-little size and white with medium-long hair. Some say it is like a Shih tzu while a detailed report claims it is a Pomeranean. I remain agnostic.

It is raining outside, and this dog is VERY wet. In fact, if you would have tried to dry off by using the dog as a towel after a shower you would have been more wet than before!!! I swear! So Chase let's this sopping thing into the house and spends almost half an hour drying it off. Now it is happy. So it stands on its tip-toes and rests its head against Chase's leg, like a little baby bundled in a papoose. You should see it, all leany-headed like that!

Then we wish to feed it something. There is some of grandma's meatloaf left over from supper. So, we put it on the floor, and--sure enough--little pooch loves it! This was a cute moment. But...
Mom goes to buy a few cans and bags of dog food the next day at the Co-op (being careful to avoid Iams). But when she puts them in doggie's plate, he won't eat!!! It turns out the ONLY thing doggie eats is grandma's meatloaf!!! So I think she has to make a meatloaf every few days in order to keep the dog from starving.

It gets better!!! We don't know how long little puppy was wandering the wilds for, but it turns out that somewhere along the way he found a travelling companion--an orange cat! Whenever puppy walks from grandma's house to ours, little cat follows behind. What's more, puppy seems to have some sort of romantic interest in cat. This is problematic for several reasons:
1)Puppy is a Puppy
2)Cat is a Cat
3)Puppy is a Boy
4)Cat is a Boy

Oh boy!

PS. Does anybody have any name suggestions?
PPS. I rented a banjo. I can play it for you sometime.

5 Comments:

At 10:25 p.m., Blogger Olivia said...

Haha, Ad! I've heard all about that story! Crazyness! Reminds me of the old movie "Milo and Otis"!!!
As for names... I suck at giving names! A lot of my dogs or horses were just named Princess cause I couldn't think of anything better. But that wouldn't work, since Puppy is a BOY!!
See ya around!
Luv, Olivia

 
At 12:46 p.m., Blogger Kelsey Loewen said...

that was hilarious! I can't think of any good names either, I'm pathetic with names, we give hand-me-down names to our new cats from the ones that have died already. Sad but true.

 
At 9:24 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adam! How's it going? I liked that story. Especially the part with Dancing Gabe. That had me in stitches. well. almost. nearly almost. Anyways. I suggest the name Marshmallow for the puppy. Or John the Destroyer. I think that one bodes well too.

 
At 12:17 a.m., Blogger Cody and Rachel said...

I think that Olivia was accidentally on to something with the name "Princess" - it may not suit perfectly - but do you think Puppy will really mind?

 
At 9:38 a.m., Blogger Adam Kroeker said...

We used to have a cat called "Princess". I didn't like the name, so I called it "Buddy". Have you heard the story of how I found Buddy in the haunted house?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home