Adam's Beanstalk

A daily adventure-bag of insights and old bones from an unknown poet in Manitoba's south. Caveat: Not everything is to be taken literally. Things are often shaded with poetic crayons; be the owl. Also, not all these bones are collected from different fields. Find themes that run througout each post and the journal as a whole; the most insignificant event may be part of an ear.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

My last few weeks other than the trip to Minnesota for a Discovering God Conference; ask me and I will tell you about that, too!

I am overlooking a lake and a field of snow. The drive up here was white, a pastiche of slush and manger scenes. But there is good news: the sun is shinining with all its extra syllables. I spent the afternoon out on the lake in a canoe. It was quite windy, but we (KE and I) took refuge in a calm bay. It is an EMC youth leader's retreat at the Wilderness Edge camp. Some lovely seminars in the morning make me feel alright about the youthwork that I have done to date. I have been a friend, and that is the basis for all else. We stayed up late last night: started a game of Settlers at 2:30 AM. Krystal asked Cody for some wheat and he gave her a card of wood and thought nothing of it. That's how late it was, but we were wired on some good coffee. Of course this came after the hour of trying to get the N64 working on the projector downstairs. We eventually played two rounds where we could hear and see for about three seconds at a time before the screen would go blue for another three, and on, and on. Then we moved upstairs and played on a bigscreen TV. This much was very good. Somebody saw a deer right outside their window this morning; that reminds me of the prevailing wind we had this last week. How could one man blow so long?
It blew me throughout the days of school,
of human fooseball in the Nav Office,
of an evening NOT spent in the art gallery, but buying machetes and caps, and drinking some good coffee. I have had too much again!
The silly drug has an adverse affect on me.
REmind me, good people, not to have too much tonight, but I will.
-I was wearing shorts all last week.

4 Comments:

At 6:11 a.m., Blogger rachelle in winnipeg, it's a living said...

adam did you graduate yet?
-r

 
At 12:39 p.m., Blogger Chelsea Rae said...

Adam, well done. I'm glad that you had an awesome time in Minneapolis, it sounds like it was awesome from what I've heard from the others. Human foosball in the Nav office is now the 'thing to do' and I'm pretty sure that Mark L. has no real use for a machetti, even though it was only $10

 
At 4:06 p.m., Blogger Adam Kroeker said...

No, r, not yet. In May. But don't think that my schooling life is over. However, it might be fun to head out to Korea and teach a little English in between.

 
At 11:41 p.m., Blogger Cody and Rachel said...

Settlers was great. Guards were done - fun times had. I enjoyed sitting with you in church today. Hopefully we can do that again. I have a blog now. Christmas please.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home