Adam's Beanstalk

A daily adventure-bag of insights and old bones from an unknown poet in Manitoba's south. Caveat: Not everything is to be taken literally. Things are often shaded with poetic crayons; be the owl. Also, not all these bones are collected from different fields. Find themes that run througout each post and the journal as a whole; the most insignificant event may be part of an ear.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

With the Gales of November Come Early

I was looking at other blogs when I realized that John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High" had repeated in Winamp about three times. Silly John Denver - you can't tell the beginning from the end. But I did get to hear about mountains.
^
^^ ^^
^^ ^ ^^^ - I have drawn a mountain for you, because you look beautiful today.

Yesterday, a good group of friends gathered in H&M's basement to watch "Inside Man", which I decide to give 3.5 stars, which is up after thinking about it at work today. Interestingly, 3.5 is also the number of swears per minute. A highlight was listening to the Eastern European music of the credits to the visuals of Home Improvement on TV. Love that Tim Taylor hip sway!

Monday was a Third Day concert at the MTS Centre. I went as sponsor to a very rowdy youth group. Ask me for details about the concert if you are interested.
Shane and I also started a mid day fire by the tree house after butterfly hunting. And it was a beautiful morning. I sat on an old board overlooking our pond and dwelt on logic problems.

Sunday Cody and I played a lot of music - first a special # in church, then took off to busk at the Forks, as the "Bowl Dusters". Some stranger dropped in a $20 bill! Loonies and Toonies also add up very quickly! Thanks to all who gave. Thanks to Tracy for listening to our same set of songs over and over and finding us two rocks for paper weights. Sorry I didn't tell you not to get the chicken sandwich.

We'll be back to play some more soon. See a good pic on Kelsey's blog (It would have been hard for us to play and take pictures ourselves.)