Adam's Beanstalk

A daily adventure-bag of insights and old bones from an unknown poet in Manitoba's south. Caveat: Not everything is to be taken literally. Things are often shaded with poetic crayons; be the owl. Also, not all these bones are collected from different fields. Find themes that run througout each post and the journal as a whole; the most insignificant event may be part of an ear.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Life, as it were

One week behind in blogging - not good. I must stop doing exciting things! Let's see how far I can catch up on this post...

Victoria Day, Monday - We planned to play ultimate frisbee at Rosenort School at 3:30. It was a holiday, and on holidays people should play frisbee. Unfortunately, the wind was gusting to, LIKE, 82 KM/HR! So frisbee was cancelled. Jason called us all but could not contact Tracy as a certain sister (who is getting a hard time on this blog) was using the internet. So 4:00PM Tracy shows up at my house wondering why nobody is playing ultimate at the school. In lieu of frisbee we play a round of head to head croquet in a sweet course that I set up earlier in the morning. It spanned the length of the green between our house and our grandparents, running past the tetherball pole around the lone tree to where the grass is mossy, past the false well that we dug when the water-witcher came (I'll tell you the story sometime if you don't know), to the log pile where I set up some stumps as obstacles and even built a little statue that could be shot through. And then we got some ice cream and cones out and went to eat them on the portable tower used for laser leveling. A good place to eat ice cream on a windy day in the sun!
When the sun fell, more people came over. It was the "24" season finale. Unfortunately, it started at 7:00, which is not the usual time, and the satellite guide was messed up, and I thought Jason had called the people to come to play croquet around 7:00 anyway, so some of the guests missed the first part of the show to which I endlessly apologize. After the show, we played a bigger game of croquet, and then a game of Bocce. But the sun had now truly fallen, so I got out a pile of flashlights (get a new one every birthday from some relative) and we tried to find the palino under the light of our torches.

Tuesday - Super hot and humid day - Went to watch Jimi play baseball at the park in the late afternoon. It is hilarious to watch these little guys play. Lowe Farm team had 14 players on the field at one time, yet none of them could pick up the ball. Jimi got two doubles and an inside the park grand slam. Yup, yup! Thanks to the tutouring of his older brothers. The I drove to the city.

Wednesday - See digression postings below and Chelsea's blog for an American Idol moment that I happened to catch.

Thursday, Part One - Oh, this was a good day. After doing some job searching work and preparations for house church I went on a long walk. I took the river paths by our apartment to see how far they would lead. Down and down and down and down and down he goes. I saw a big old muskrat on top of a mound of earth. He didn't mind me none. Then I walked along a very nice path with trees all above and train tracks a little up to the side. I anticipated a horse drawn carriage to meet me. Then I reached a bridge. I turned right and crossed it. It is that nice bridge with fake smokestacks and fake fire. Connecting south St. Boniface to not St. Boniface.
I turned around.
I walked across the road, this led to the forks. The grass was very green. I read some of the historical signs and enjoyed the architecture. I walked across the Esplanade Riel. And then past the burnt Cathedral on the other side.
I turned right and walked across the bridge with fake smokestacks and fake fire again. By now I wanted to be home.
I walked along the river paths. Down and down and down and down and down and down he goes. I chose to take a path closer to the river instead of the nice horse drawn carriage path with the train tracks a little up to the side. The river's side is like a beautiful jungle. There are bushes bright with flowers that smell nice. A giant large leafed plants. I enjoyed this time.
Then I saw a man by the river, preparing a sleeping bag on a log. And I hoped he didn't notice me, for maybe he would have a bloody knife, and I walked through the undergrowth. Now I noticed discarded matresses and old jackets and beer bottles and swamped chairs.
Life, as it were, but dead.

4 Comments:

At 5:17 p.m., Blogger N.J. said...

Only pros can play ultimate in extreme conditions. Don't feel so bad.

 
At 4:18 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, nj, pros like me. I challenge you ALL to a frisbee dual.

Jordan

 
At 6:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site san francisco rhinoplasty long island rhinoplasty san http://www.buy-mp3-player-3.info/windscreen-pt-cruiser-convertible.html

 
At 5:08 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home