Adam's Beanstalk

A daily adventure-bag of insights and old bones from an unknown poet in Manitoba's south. Caveat: Not everything is to be taken literally. Things are often shaded with poetic crayons; be the owl. Also, not all these bones are collected from different fields. Find themes that run througout each post and the journal as a whole; the most insignificant event may be part of an ear.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Digression 2: an Intermission

I have been outside reading for the last half hour. I have been outside reading by the lovely tree, and the *shrubbery* filled with inch worms. There was a pleasant smell, perfume found on a windowsill. But real. I have been outside reading James Joyce's "The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man". This is all well and fine. Two men were talking across the street in Italian. This may be trouble. But here's the highlight:

A man jogs by me on the sidewalk.
IT IS DANCING GABE!!!

He is bobbing his head to the music as if he can't contain himself. The music is coming from a pair of headphones - they are as big as hamburgers and bright yellow!

DANCING GABE.
JOGGING.
HUGE YELLOW HEADPHONES.

2 Comments:

At 11:37 a.m., Blogger Kelsey Loewen said...

adam, i read your comment on my myspace and i love the idea! The eisenhaurs will be playing here on the 28th and Im still trying to find a venue here in Rosenort, i was thinking of the community park (by the arena), and jer also said he would love to have it in a field somewhere. got any ideas? Anyways, you could be the opening act! Lovely!
oh and i love the dancing gabe spotting.

 
At 4:34 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I LAUGH HARD.

This reminds me, Adam. Do you know that I just FOUND OUT about Dancin' Gabe #00? By this, I mean that I did not "know" about him. Penner clued me in. Now I can't laugh so hard. But the HEADPHONES!

jordan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home