Adam's Beanstalk

A daily adventure-bag of insights and old bones from an unknown poet in Manitoba's south. Caveat: Not everything is to be taken literally. Things are often shaded with poetic crayons; be the owl. Also, not all these bones are collected from different fields. Find themes that run througout each post and the journal as a whole; the most insignificant event may be part of an ear.

Monday, November 06, 2006

Top Ten Foods Adam No Like

Indeed, the topic of food no no's has come up quite frequently in recent conversation. I thought you'd like to know my top ten most hated foods. Here they are:

#10-Ham and Pineapple Pizza (how in the world did this get to be one of the three main pizza choices?! Even anchovies make more sense than the combination of meat and those sweet watery packets that pop in one's mouth.)

#9-The Chicken Drumstic (being forced by culture to eat like a caveman off of the bone! It is so easy to imagine the living chicken flapping all the way down. Notice that if you will allow me to eat the meat with knife and fork, I have no problem with it)

#8-Corn on the Cob (why? It reminds me of eating chicken. I actually love the taste of corn)

#7-Steamed Peas (though a bowl of peas looks attractive, their mushy consistancy and stale taste is a big turn-off. Not so for peas straight from the pod!)

#6-Cold Fish (please! cold fish of any kind should be banned from public places. No, I don't want to smell your tuna sandwich while I eat my yogurt.)

#5-Pumpkin or Rhubarb Pie (don't hate me because I'm different. Things that can't be eaten by themselves do not become better when squeezed between a pie crust. I'm sorry!)

#4-Mushrooms(okay, so I like the taste...but I just find them CREEPY!!! Especially when you can see the gills.)

#3-Bananas (something about the texture, and the fact that Mrs. Kroeker forced me to have as many bites as my age (6) in kindergarten).

#2-Bugs, except for ants, they taste minty. (although this is probably not on the menu, I felt compelled to add it to the list.)

#1-Tomatoes, plain/sliced (No, I don't hate ketchup. In fact, I love ketchup. The best condiment! But my hatred for this transvestite vegetable grows deeper every year.)

8 Comments:

At 11:28 p.m., Blogger Olivia said...

Oh Ad, you are one picky man! :P I totally agree with the tomato thing though. Yuck! It's weird that I love Ketchup then. Hmm,... but other than that I like pretty much everything on your list, except bugs. :D
Have a super week! Hope you can make it to youth on Friday night!

 
At 12:42 a.m., Blogger Kelsey Loewen said...

Definitely have to disagree on 80% of those. Did you have to bring up Tomatoes? If anything, those are the most blessed vegetable (or fruit, whatever) ever created. I agree with you on the bugs and 'shrooms. I appreciate your honesty none the less.

 
At 1:12 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Adam, you're flippen halarious and that's all there is to it!!!

 
At 4:36 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Adam, I can completely sympathize with you (if not agree) on each of these points, excepting #10. You can't claim that your dislike for Pine 'n' Swine is a rational one! Dislike it all you want, but for the love of all, don't say it's rational! Pineapple on ham is a cornerstone of American cuisine, right next to cranberries on turkey.

 
At 1:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear Adam, can I just say, 'amen to that!'
I am so tired of people thinking that tomatoes and ketchup have the same taste. They taste absolutely nothing alike, which is why it is perfectly rational to hate tomatoes, yet love ketchup. And I'm sticking to it!

 
At 12:00 a.m., Blogger rachelle in winnipeg, it's a living said...

EEEWWW THE GILLS!!! but i love mushrooms anyway.. but when the gills get really big like in giant mushrooms i can't handle it.
-r

 
At 1:50 p.m., Blogger Chelsea Rae said...

Adam, I agree with you on everything but #1, 9, and 10. Tomatoes are kind of gross, but there are some things that they are good one (BLT's for example, or hamburgers). I'd tend to agree with you on #9, with the exception of it being fried, fried chicken drumsticks are messy, but good. And ham and pineapple pizza?! I've heard you trash-talk this kind of pizza frequently in the Navs office (the birthplace of the idea behind this post?) but I never thought that'd it make the Top 10. It's a staple of the pizza industry, you're just going to have to accept that...

 
At 12:38 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not going to lie, ham and pinapple pizza is probably my favorite one! Considering I love ham...and pineapple...wow. That was deep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home