Adam's Beanstalk

A daily adventure-bag of insights and old bones from an unknown poet in Manitoba's south. Caveat: Not everything is to be taken literally. Things are often shaded with poetic crayons; be the owl. Also, not all these bones are collected from different fields. Find themes that run througout each post and the journal as a whole; the most insignificant event may be part of an ear.

Monday, March 20, 2006

There are Blue Lambs!

Let me tell you about my delightful weekend! Friday I dug up an old two by six from the church basement to use as "The Fence" (shh). And there we washed potatoes and found black things inside some. Saturday I went to Jason & Destiny's for a pre-pre-natal-diem supper for Debbie. Peter Fast was there as well. Yum! We ate some barbecued chicken with cheese in teriyaki sauce. And we reminisced about the time after a Reach for the Top tournament when we cashed in all our free french fry coupons at each fast food restaurant and ate them from a full greasy bag. After this the lot of us went to C&C at Kevin and Becky's where we talked about the new heaven and the new earth and transparent gold and a tree that surrounds the river. Do you know that the new Jerusalem was measured to be as big as the entire western half of the united states? Of course with this knowledge we proceeded to play a great round of Pass the Pigs (one of my favorites) when I got a leaning jowler and was happy. Then we played Last Chance, but I always forget Last Chance strategy when I don't play for a while, and I had very little money. But fun! And Sunday I woke up early and did sound for Cody's music practice, and then I planned to go home and get ready for church, but some missionaries from northern manitoba were talking during sunday school hour so yeah, i had to do sound for that too, and then church started and it was good, and then after we had our Spring Tour fundraising dinner, during which Cody and I went around with guitars to serenade tables. And here is some of the requests we played:
- You are my sunshine
- Barney's "I love you"
- u2's beautiful day
- happy birthday in jazz
- yellow submarine
- i'll fly away (like 3 times, once with a key change mid way)
- skinamarinkydinkydink
- mary had a little lamb (blues version)
- and many more - a CD to follow!

4 Comments:

At 4:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter Fast=Yum!

This is a new development.

 
At 9:52 a.m., Blogger Adam Kroeker said...

I have no idea what you just said, jord. Perhaps heiroglyphics would be clearer.

 
At 10:00 a.m., Blogger Adam Kroeker said...

ah ha! upon reading my post again I realize what a funny thing that I have said. In fact, I have laughed several times intermittantly after reading it. To clarify - Peter is not teryaki chicken. Seeing as my INTENDED meaning is fairly easy to ascertain, I shall leave this post in its original form as a warning to typing sentences in a haphazard fashion in a room crowded with noisy hooligans.

 
At 11:13 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do what I mean, not what I say, eh? Or, is it taste what I meant, not what I wrote? Ha, Adam, you are a wonderfully relativistic. Keep up the good mistakes. That is your mark of authenticity. (You know what I mean! ;)

(I'm ignoring that fast-cash post to respond to adam's last comment.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home