Adam's Beanstalk

A daily adventure-bag of insights and old bones from an unknown poet in Manitoba's south. Caveat: Not everything is to be taken literally. Things are often shaded with poetic crayons; be the owl. Also, not all these bones are collected from different fields. Find themes that run througout each post and the journal as a whole; the most insignificant event may be part of an ear.

Friday, March 03, 2006

plants Raised in the dirt of our hearts

When in a casserole, roll a watermelon! This is what Francesco says. He does not think it is good. There may be instructions on the internet for Brokeback Mountain. What is now? When is what? Look at this, after house church and Chelsea's horrible day, what does the syllabus tell me to read but "The Lives of Girls and Women"! I laugh for maybe ten minutes, though on and off. Are there italian I-pods? When in a casserole, roll a watermelon! What have I done? There are only wingdings left. I have gone to a Gregory Scofield reading at 9:30 in the morning. This was interesting. He read poetry about his metis ancestors, singing songs in Cree and yes, woo! And we have gone to eat supper at Burger King at 10:00 PM and I handed the new server $5 and she said "Excuse me, your total was $4.70"... "Oh..." and then I had to remind her I ordered a water. And then we asked the manager about the little yellow square people on the cups. She blamed it on the creative department. They cannot call it 'Indian Leather' anymore, now they must say 'Indian Suede'. And there are other things: wild events with my car stopping at random times, like in the middle of roads and in the toonie lot. And these are red on Saturdays. This is tomorrow. What left? When in a casserole, roll a watermelon!

3 Comments:

At 7:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never before have I been as confused as I am at this moment. I was even there for the 'brokeback mountain' and 'wingdings' comments. Oh Adam, every day I grow a little more scared of you.

 
At 12:35 p.m., Blogger Kelsey Loewen said...

I stumbled upon your site. interesting! provided many a good laugh.

 
At 11:08 p.m., Blogger Adam Kroeker said...

Ugghhh... you had to bring up the moths, didn't you! I will reassert that I am NOT afraid of moths. I only get a little jumpy when they do their surprise attacks with fluttery wings in faces. Wouldn't you too, my friend, wouldn't you too? And then, after they do their death from above trick, I get this urge like a pagan god to see blood spilt and then I find the sharpest object I can find and and

 

Post a Comment

<< Home