Adam's Beanstalk

A daily adventure-bag of insights and old bones from an unknown poet in Manitoba's south. Caveat: Not everything is to be taken literally. Things are often shaded with poetic crayons; be the owl. Also, not all these bones are collected from different fields. Find themes that run througout each post and the journal as a whole; the most insignificant event may be part of an ear.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Seeing the sheep jump over the moon, from my little pea green boat

9:35 PM. Almost ready to get to sleep, for the sweet sounds of Simon and Garfunkel are about to play in less than six hours, and we will embark on our trip into the Rockies. Yes, I am going, but not really to ski. Why? You ask? For good times with friends, for good school work in a nice location. I don't know. So before I go I'll give you a recap on the last two days. Wednesday evening Jason came over and we went to find a place to have coffee. Oh, let's go visit Gabriella at the Fyxx! We get there shortly after 10 and walk in. The place is hopping. We see her there and chat for a bit, but what's this? The place is closed? How then could we be here? This is similar to the time last year when somebody told me I was dead. (This didn't really happen, but try to imagine how you would feel. You would be a little scared, and a little embarrassed). So I put my name into a draw to win a portrait with the family and we left. We ended up at the Park Theatre near our place on Osbourne. We had a good chat about Yerba Mate with the man behind the desk and we ordered caramel coffee things. Really good. And then more talk about homemade board games and Celine Dion. Say hi to Jordan Bissonnette and soak up the classic theatre feel.
Thursday I meet my parents for lunch and a bit of shopping. In the evening I go to Dolly's for house church to see the fruits of our last week's labour. The place is looking great, Dolly! And she treated us to some wonderful rice and chicken and curry, and so many laughs about the degree at U of W and maybe Jeremy Epp's reduced facial hair.
Friday I have class from nine thirty to two thirty. Start off the day with a presentation on Kendall Walton's "Fiction and Nonfiction", quite a bizarre essay, but good, which talks about tree stumps turning into bears, etc. Then we had a small class for critical theory, which felt like trying to get something planned at a slumber party. Speaking of slumber party's, Jeremy Kroeker is over at the house tonight due to our early morning departure. We had a pretty long game of chess which eventually ended in stalemate. Also this afternoon I got to play bass in a band practice setting again - really refreshing! Well, let the moon pull down the blinds, I'm ready for bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home